– The CMCO program includes training in all areas needed for medical offices to stay compliant with federal guidelines.
– The certification validates proficiency in the development, implementation, and management of an ongoing compliance program.
– The advanced knowledge gained from this program helps minimize costly compliance threats in your organization.
– CMCO certification demonstrates to employers, business associates, and auditors that you have specialized compliance expertise.
– A compliance certification lays the foundation for career advancement, and helps you stand out in a competitive job market.
“When I started in healthcare, my goal was to get a job in the front office for a year and move on to a different career path.
By taking that first step into the unknown, it led me down the road of success. In my 30 year journey, I developed a passion for health care and I believe it all started in the front office.”
Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you’ll be able to see further.” -Thomas Carlyle
Ada X Gonzalez, CMCO CMOM, VP Revenue Cycle
*Source: AAPC. Job salary will vary on years of experience, location, practice, and # of certifications.
PMI’s Exam Coordinator schedules the exam in a testing center near the candidate’s location - usually a nearby community college or testing facility. A score of 70% or better is required to earn the CMCO certification. If the candidate does not achieve a passing grade on the first attempt, he/she may re-test for an additional fee.
Registered students can access the recordings online for up to one year after the original recording date.
Billing/coding/coverage and reimbursement
Compliance, risks, actions, and issues
Medicare exclusion and its impact on an organization
Law enforcement investigation tools
Robert W. Liles, JD, MBA, MS
Robert W. Liles was the first National Health Care Fraud Coordinator and subsequently worked as Deputy Director of the U.S. Department of Justice, Executive Office for United States Attorneys. As Managing Member in the Washington D.C. based office of Liles Parker, PLLC, Robert heads one of the nation’s leading law firms focused on health care fraud defense and regulatory matters representing providers in civil, criminal, and administrative proceedings. Robert’s background, education, and experience bring this class to life with a real-world perspective.
D.K. Everitt, CMCO, CCO
D.K. Everitt is a certified medical compliance officer with over thirty years experience in practice management, the development and management of medium to large medical facilities, and the development, implementation, and maintenance of corporate compliance programs. He serves as Chief Healthcare Compliance Officer and President of The Compliance Division, L.L.C.
If you’re new to the field or need CEUs to renew your certification, our online training courses are perfect for you to learn (or refresh) compliance fundamentals.