– The CMCA-E/M program is ideal for medical office professionals with career aspirations in coding and compliance in an outpatient healthcare setting.
– The certification lays the foundation for advancement into an auditing role.
– The program empowers you to establish your own internal audit program.
– With a certification, you show your employer that you’re the expert in the field.
– With the advanced knowledge you gain, you have the edge in the industry.
*Source: BLS and AAPC. Job salary will vary on years of experience, location, practice, and # of certifications.
Enroll in the CMCA-E/M certification program online and get certified on your schedule. This program includes:
Course materials include a manual with coding guidelines, reference documents from the OIG and CMS, step-by-step auditing tools, and case studies. Registered students can access the recordings online for up to one year after the original recording date.
Candidates will complete 130 multiple-choice questions; 104 will apply directly to auditing eight E/M patient encounters from various specialties. The remaining questions cover documentation standards, key components of the encounter, and compliance.
PMI’s Exam Coordinator schedules the exam in a testing center near the candidate’s location. A score of 70% or better is required to earn the CMCA-E/M certification. If the candidate does not achieve a passing grade on the first attempt, he/she may re-test for an additional fee.
Pam Joslin, MM, CMC, CMIS, CMOM, CMCO, CMCA-E/M, CEMA
Pam has more than 20 years of medical practice management, coding, reimbursement and compliance experience. She has managed in medical practices ranging from single to multi-specialty groups, including ASC.
If you’re new to the field or need CEUs to renew your certification, our online training courses are perfect for you to learn (or refresh) charting and auditing fundamentals.